Monday, December 6, 2010

Student Teaching... FINAL WEEK!!

My Kindergarten placement has been a very uncommon student teaching experience. I have, however, learned a lot about myself as a person and as a teacher. I have learned that i can handle tough situations, i'm more flexible than i thought i was AND my confidence level in the classroom has gone through the roof! When i first started student teaching my confidence was pretty low and i wasn't sure of myself. By the end of 4th grade I was a little more confident but still timid. Now at the end of my Kindergarten placement, i feel like i could walk in to almost any classroom and take charge. I know I wouldn't have been able to make it through this placement without the help of my 4th grade mentor teacher, the first grade teacher, librarian, and ALL of the other teachers/staff at Huckabay. When I felt overwhelmed, stressed, frustrated, needed to blow off some steam they were ALL there to listen and offer GREAT advice. I'm really going to miss Huckabay. My last day of student teaching is on Thursday and honestly, it's a bittersweet feeling. It's bitter because I'm going to REALLY miss all of the wonderful people at Huckabay, and I'm going to miss my crazy students. It's sweet because I get to move back home to leander and start the next chapter of the rest of my life. I'm ready for my own classroom, my own students, my own paycheck, my own bills, and my own responsibilities... (i know the last 2 sound strange but i'm ready for a "big girl" life).

Graduation is 12 days away and it's a strange feeling. For all my life i have wanted to be a teacher and now i am 12 days way from achieving that goal. I am so close i can taste it!! I have to write my cover letter and click "submit" and i'll have my teacher application submitted... CRAZY!!

it's surreal i'm so close to the end of my "student" career and so close to starting my "teacher" career!! i'm SO ready to be on the other side of the desk!

No comments:

Post a Comment